glob n : a compact mass; "a ball of mud caught him on the shoulder" [syn: ball, clod, lump, clump, chunk]
- A round, shapeless
or amorphous lump, as of a semisolid substance.
- He dispensed a glob of paint into the cup and went on painting.
- A limited pattern matching technique using wildcards, less powerful than a regular expression.
- A nearly globular mass taken from a larger supply of a viscous liquid, and no larger than can easily be handled.
- To stick in globs or lumps.
- To carry out pattern matching using a glob.